Type 2 Diabetes is considered a lifestyle disease that, if not appropriately managed/treated can lead to significant disability and negatively impact the lives of those with the condition. It has been established that lifestyle factors (nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress and social wellbeing) make a big difference to the development, progression and treatment of the disease, however, due to the individual differences between people,not everyone gains the same benefit from the same recommendations
This study will examine the effect of providing personalized lifestyle guidance to individuals, based on their individual differences, on markers associated with Type 2 Diabetes.
The study will include 100-120 participants and will run for 6 months. Participants will be provided with access to personalized lifestyle suggestions through the Shae app, and will receive resources and workshops to support the development of knowledge, awareness and behaviour change based on the personalized lifestyle suggestions.
Some individuals will be asked to live their normal lifestyles for a period of time before entering the trial to allow a comparison of standard care with the personalized lifestyle approach.
The first wave of active intervention is set to being late August/Early September, 2022
The second wave of active intervention will being 6-6.5 months after the first wave, i.e. Feb/March 2023
Are You Or Someone You Know Eligible?
I am a Health/Medical Professional and I have clients who are eligible.
If Yes, please proceed to STEP 2
If NO, please continue
If Yes, please proceed to STEP 2
If Unsure but believe you may be eligible, please see Step 1A
If NO but think you may still be eligible, please got to Step 4
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, please go to STEP 3
If you answered NO to any of the above questions but want further clarity as to whether you can participate, please confirm eligibility through STEP 3, then see the details to email us
If you answered NO to any of the above questions, please see ‘Further Support Outside This Study’ below.
1. Please complete the following form to register your details and the best time for you to receive a phone call to complete your confirmation. Please note your contact information will be stored securely and only viewed by the research team. If you are determined ineligible, your contact details will be discarded at your request
2. You will be contacted by the research team to confirm your participation, provide additional information and clarify any questions you may have
Please note: You will need confirmation from your medical practitioner and blood results indicating your current diagnosis of pre-diabetes, or your diagnosis of type 2 diabetes mellitus in the last 24 months.
1. If you answered ‘NO’ or ‘UNSURE’ to questions 1 & 2, but believe you may be undiagnosed and still eligible pending testing please take the following steps. This survey will determine if you are indeed at risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- If you scored 15 or more on the above test, you are at risk of Type 2 Diabetes and you are recommended to confirm this with your medical practitioner
- Complete medical screening for Type 2 Diabetes with your medical practitioner (blood tests)
If you are confirmed as having ‘pre-diabetes’ or Type 2 Diabetes, please continue to STEP 1